Thursday, December 15, 2016

Week of December 15

              Thursday Thoughts December 15


I must start by saying that this is my last blog for 2016 (no blog next Thursday).  Of course I will blog again when we return from break.  As I thought about what I wanted to share, I recalled the different trials and tribulations that I endured in 2016.  Many of you know me well enough to know that family means everything to me.  I try to communicate this often and encourage our staff to put family first.  In hindsight, this was one of the toughest years of my life. It is very hard to keep the personal and professional parts of life separate, especially when you are in the "people" business and always have to put your best foot forward.  Thankfully for me, the year is ending so much more positively than it started; however I know that 2016 has been difficult for some of you as well.  

After you finish the hustle and bustle of holiday shopping, cooking, cleaning and /or traveling, I challenge you take a little time to reflect on this past year.  Think about the things that occurred that will forever change you.  Think about the people who encouraged you and gave you strength to get through this year.  If things are good for you now, consider ways you can support someone who is experiencing challenges.  When people ask me one thing I love about Medlock Bridge, I always say the staff.  We are a true family.  Yes we sometimes step on each other's toes, or get snippy when we run out of patience; but we support each other through good times and bad.  Thank you for the support that you have given me this year.  I love you guys and wish you nothing but the best in 2017.



Staff Spotlight
This week I would like to shine the spotlight on Lauren Plummer and Rachna Saxena.   Today I had the pleasure of participating in a 2.5 hour IEP meeting led by Lauren and she was amazing!  She was positive, prepared and kept the team on point.  She and Rachna teach a wide range of learners and they know exactly what each child needs.  In Lauren's role as Special Education grade chair, she has become a go to for other teachers and is always willing to help anyone.  She advocates for her students and is passionate about the AU program.  Rachna provides great support for the classroom and I doubt that you have ever seen her without a smile on her face.  Her love for the students is always evident.  While our special needs students may require a lot of additional instruction and support, first and foremost they need adults that genuinely love them for who they are.  This is truly the case with Ms. Plummer and Mrs. Saxena.  I am so appreciative that they are a part of the Medlock family and am thankful for the work that they are doing with students.


Holiday Fun





No comments:

Post a Comment