Thursday, September 22, 2016

Week of September 22


               Thursday Thoughts September 22



Yesterday Martha shared an interesting MBES fact with the staff.  Our student body speaks over 26 different languages.  That is amazing!  The diversity at Medlock Bridge has increased exponentially over the past decade.  Our school is a microcosm of the interconnected global society that students  will one day live and work in as adults.  Whether they choose to live and work in the US or abroad, we are raising a generation of people who will be more tolerant, understanding and hopefully more respectful toward each other than any generation prior.  When I see the students collaborating in class or  laughing and playing together at recess, it makes me proud to be the principal of a school that embraces ALL children.  Thank you for the work that you are doing to make sure that Medlock Bridge is a place where EVERY child feels loved and valued.


Staff Spotlight
This week I would like to share an email that I received.  I wholeheartedly agree with the sender of this email and think that Jennifer Birkmeyer is worthy of this week's spotlight.

"Every morning I am at work, I open my door sit down at my desk only to hear the enthusiastic voice of Jennifer Birkmeyer.  I don’t know her very well at all and only know the sound of her voice, but I am just so amazed at how she carries on the whole day.  From what I am hearing she is exactly the kind of teacher that I would want my children to have.  Jennifer always, I mean always has energy. She is getting the children energized and excited all the time. I constantly hear cheers in her classroom. Her words are always filled with encouragement and truly has the vibrant personality needed to teach a room full of 1st graders that always keep you on your toes. I just wanted someone to know that it has been a joy to listen to her teach her class every day. She’s got a lot of kick and I’m so inspired by her!"

Jennifer your passion for teaching children is amazing and we are thankful that you are a part of the MBES Team.



Preparing for Cultural Diversity: Resources for Teachers


Edutopia


No comments:

Post a Comment