Thursday, April 21, 2016

Week of April 21

                  Thursday Thoughts April 21




I have a confession to make.  I have not been practicing what I preach.  A week does not go by, that I don't have a conversation with someone about how important it is to put family first.  But often, I find myself giving my own family excuses of why I can't be present and engaged.  I sometimes feel like a hypocrite because I can give this advice to others, but I don't follow it myself.  However, life has a way of forcing you to prioritize and get back on track when you can't seem to do it on your own.  This has been the case with me.  2016 has been tough for me personally (and it is only April) but I can truly say that I am now focused on giving my family my best.  I am learning that while I try to give 100% at work each day, I HAVE to make that same commitment to my family.  They need it.  They deserve it.  I challenge you to evaluate the time that you are giving to your family.  Don't wait for life to force you to change, do it now.  Time is the most valuable thing that we have.  Make sure you are spending it with the most valuable people in your life.



Staff Spotlight
This week I would like to shine the spotlight on Alicia Craig.  Although Alicia joined us this year, you would think that she has been at Medlock for years.  Her patience with the students and her willingness to help out wherever needed are qualities that make her invaluable to our Media Center and front desk. She is often working with the parent volunteers, reading to classes and pulling resources for teachers.  Alicia is flexible, creative and a quick learner.  Of course, she will be instrumental in the monstrous effort of packing up everything in the Media Center for the upcoming renovation.  We are thankful that Alicia joined the Medlock Family this year.  Alicia, thank you for what you are doing to help our Mustangs become voracious readers. 


Personalized Learning

retentionc


Habitudes- (Growth Mindset)



Looking Ahead

Please note that beginning 2017/2018 school year, the state rule for 10 PLU hours for re-certification will officially change (right now it has been temporarily suspended).  Please review the links below for more information.


http://bit.ly/1T76Yhr

No comments:

Post a Comment