Thursday, December 18, 2014

Week of December 18

Thursday Thoughts December 18 

 
 


 
 
 
At the beginning of the year, we agreed to stop making resolutions for the new school year and focus on one word.  I hope you came up with a word and have been able to think on it throughout the semester.  My word is "thankful".  I didn't realize at the beginning of the year how often I would focus on my word but it has now become a daily reflection for me.  I am thankful for my family who show love and patience toward me when I come home grouchy.  I am thankful for our students who come to school excited and eager to learn.  I am thankful for parents who want what's best for their kids and trust us enough to provide it.  And I am thankful for you, a staff who cares for one another and gives your all everyday.  As we enter into a time of rest and reflection, I hope that you have an opportunity to think on your word.  More importantly, I hope that you have an opportunity to relish every moment with your family and friends.  That is what matters.
 
 
 

Staff Spotlight

This week I would like to shine the spotlight on Poonam Bhavinani.  I have always been amazed that there is only one person taking care of the technology needs of a school; however with the district's focus on technology, Poonam's job has become all the more difficult.  Not only has she taken care of the laptop refresh, but she is also preparing for the highly anticipated interactive projectors.  Meanwhile she is troubleshooting everything from dying laptops to a malfunctioning visitor log in system.  If you are like me, when technology is not working, you need her to fix it immediately.  I can only imagine what is on the horizon with the classroom tablets.  With all of this going on, you would think that Poonam would be too busy to focus on the Technology Fair.  We know better!  She is full speed ahead with leading the charge to get our students ready to compete.  Poonam, like so many other staff members, is a one person department whose role is vital to our school's overall function.  She has dedicated many years to Medlock and she has no plans of slowing down.  Poonam, thank you for the work that you do to keep us "connected".   

 
 

1 C: Comedy 

 


 
 

 

 

 Enjoy your time off!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment