Thursday, May 22, 2014

Week of May 22

Thursday Thoughts May 22


 
 
Well, it looks like we made it!  All year I anxiously await the last day of school only to realize that it is actually a day filled with mixed emotions.  Of course I look forward to the more laid back days of summer.  But it makes me sad to think of the students and staff that will move on and leave the Medlock Family.  I am so proud of you and the work that you have done this year.   Our staff is the best in Fulton County.  We love kids and it shows.  I wish each of you a wonderful and safe summer.  And for those staff members who will begin a new journey, I thank you for the gift of you.  Your contribution to MBES will live on in the students and adults that you have touched.  

Staff Spotlight

This week I would like to shine the spotlight on Laryn Nelson.  It is rare that you meet someone and form an instant connection, but that is exactly what happened with us.  I value Laryn's experience and her no nonsense management style.  As a principal, you must have an AP who will not only support you as an individual, but who also seeks the best for the students and staff.  The role of the assistant principal is one in which there is no glory and requires alot of guts.  The assistant principal does alot of the grunt work and carries the tremendous weight of discipline and standardized testing on her shoulders.  I can tell you that Laryn has broad shoulders and was a tremendous assset to Medlock Bridge.  I am proud to be able to call Laryn my friend and I look forward to our continued friendship as she transitions to Young Middle School.  Laryn, thank you for your dedication to Medlock.  I wish you success beyond measure.
 

 

The Best Beach Reads According to Amazon 

 
                
 
 
                  
 
 
                     
 

No comments:

Post a Comment