Thursday, February 27, 2014

Week of February 27

Thursday Thoughts February 27



I realize that part of enjoying each day is laughing at yourself and others.  I don't mean laughing at the expense of someone else, but more like laughing with someone when they share something funny.  I love to hear the stories that teachers tell about things kids say and do in the classroom.  I had the pleasure of eating with two students this week in my office and these second graders had me laughing out loud.  There is something about the innocence of children where they will say just about anything without regard to your job title or "importance".  I reveled in the fact that they took the opportunity to make their pitch about increased recess time and made recommendations of the field trip locations that would best suit their needs.  In my short 30 minutes with them, I noted that my hectic day was put on hold to laugh and enjoy the main reason that I come to work each day....for the students.  I encourage each of you to find something within your day that makes you laugh.  I then encourage you to share it with a colleague.  It just might help you get through your day and bring a smile to the face of someone else.
 
Staff Spotlight
This week I would like to shine the spotlight on Vaishali Gokhale.  She is a part of the Pre K Team in Traci Fleck and Devon Ferry's classroom.  Although Vaishali works with the team to support all of the students, her primary reponsibility is toward one of the wheelchair bound students in the classroom.  I have had the opportunity to watch her interact with the student and I can tell you that she genuinely cares for him and wants to see him succeed.  Vaishali has a gentle demeanor and works in the classroom to ensure that it is a learning environment in which all students have the opportunity to excel.  Vaishali, I appreciate that you have a heart for children..... especially those with special needs.  Thank you for all that you do!

4C's: Collaboration, Communication, Creativity, Critical Thinking Skills

20 Reflective Questions To Help Students Respond To Common Core Texts



Technology Tidbits: (If you have websites to share please email me and I will share with all)

Check out the following website:


 http://www.piclits.com/compose_dragdrop.aspx  If a picture is worth a thousand words, then let this site provide the picture to inspire your words. Choose a picture from the gallery, and add text. Great way to get students practicing how to be more descriptive.

http://www.seussville.com/ Classroom resources and ideas/activities for Read Across America.

News & Notes:
I am excited to announce that we will have four more Korean Exchange Teachers coming to Medlock Bridge at the end of March.  They will stay through postplanning.   Please email me if you are interested in serving as a mentor teacher for one of the four.  

No comments:

Post a Comment